Client Tools Installation Instructions
Important: Do not start the update process until you have completed the initial load of the database.
Note: It is recommended to copy and paste the code provided in these instructions.
1. Install the appropriate repository for your operating system using the command listed in the Repository column below. If necessary, adjust the code to reflect the version you are using.
yum -y install \
Note: This installs EPEL and the PowerTools repositories.
|Amazon Linux 2|
2. If you are using Amazon Linux 2, install the EPEL repository.
3. After installing the repository, run a yum update to pull in the patched version of libxml2 from the IFI CLAIMS repository.
Note: If there are conflicts, change the command line to
--allowerasing update as directed. Reboot if kernel was upgraded.
4. Install the Alexandria client tools package.
5. Configure PostgreSQL user and password.
Note: If you are installing the client tools on a different machine from your PostgreSQL instance, you must change the database entry in the configuration file /
etc/alexandria.xml, e.g., the default should reflect the host (IP address) of your PostgreSQL instance. If you added a password for user alexandria (or changed user at all), you must modify @user/@password entries as well. For example, if your PostgreSQL instance is running on 10.234.211.3, the configuration entry will look like this:
6. Configure CLAIMS Direct user name and password.
/etc/alexandria/apgupd.conf and replace
CD_PASSWORD entries appropriately.
Note: See Processing Server for a list of the parameters available.
7. Enable the service.
8. Start the service.
Logging is available in