Client Tools Installation Instructions
- The Alexandria client tools can be installed on the PostgreSQL machine or on a separate processing server for security purposes.
- All commands, unless otherwise noted, must be run as root.
- If you are installing the client tools on the same machine as PostgreSQL and have already installed the IFI CLAIMS repository on this machine, skip to step 5.
Important: Do not start the update process until you have completed the initial load of the database.
Note: It is recommended to copy and paste the code provided in these instructions.
1. Install the appropriate repository for your operating system using the command listed in the Repository column below. If necessary, adjust the code to reflect the version you are using.
sudo dnf -y install \
sudo dnf -y install \
|Amazon Linux 2|
sudo yum -y install \
2. After installing the repository, run a yum update to pull in the patched version of libxml2 from the IFI CLAIMS repository.
sudo yum update libxml2
3. Install the Alexandria client tools package.
sudo yum -y install perl-Alexandria-Library sudo yum -y install perl-Alexandria-Client-Tools
4. Configure PostgreSQL user and password.
Note: If you are installing the client tools on a different machine from your PostgreSQL instance, you must change the database entry in the configuration file /
etc/alexandria.xml, e.g., the default should reflect the host (IP address) of your PostgreSQL instance. If you added a password for user alexandria (or changed user at all), you must modify @user/@password entries as well. For example, if your PostgreSQL instance is running on 10.234.211.3, the configuration entry will look like this:
<database name="alexandria" host="10.234.211.3" port="5432" user="alexandria" password="alexandria"> <atts pg_errorlevel="0" AutoCommit="1" RaiseError="1" PrintError="0" LongTruncOk="0" LongReadLen="10485760" /> </database>
5. Configure CLAIMS Direct user name and password.
/etc/alexandria/apgupd.conf and replace
CD_PASSWORD entries appropriately.
Note: See Processing Server for a list of the parameters available. For example, to maintain the supplemental tables required for on-site family and citation functionality, you must add
# Credentials given by IFI to access updates CD_USER=test CD_PASSWORD=test
6. Enable the service.
systemctl enable apgupd.service
7. Start the service.
systemctl start apgupd.service
Important: Logging is available in
/var/log/alexandria/alexandria.log. It is important to monitor log files regularly in case a failure should occur. Please contact email@example.com to report any issues.
Once the client tools have been installed, proceed to SOLR installation (if desired):