In keeping with our 2019 content roadmap, many new full text records are now available, along with translations to English using Google Translate. Since the beginning of the year 1.4 million documents covering 14 new countries and patent authorities have been added to our global patent database, bringing the total to 38 entities. These records are available to Premium+ subscribers. See more details below.
Our changeover to using Google Translate for translation of the 48 languages found in CLAIMS Direct is well underway. Front file patent records (new incoming documents) for all publications in a language other than English are now live, covering 32 countries. This neural network technology offers the most reliable machine translations available on the market today.
Backfile records (existing publications) are available for all the new countries we’ve just added to CLAIMS Direct.
Patents related to flying car AeroMobil 4.0* are available in our newly acquired Slovakian data
More Details on New Records
Here is the complete list of new full-text countries and patent authorities, along with three examples of patent grants.
- African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO-AP): based in Harare, Zimbabwe and includes 19 member states. Patents are available in English.
- Bulgaria (BG)
- Czechoslovakia (CS): Historical data from 1980–1993
- Czech Republic (CZ)
- East Germany (DD): Historical data from 1980–2003
- Eurasia (EA): based in Moscow and includes 8 member states including Turkmenistan, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Tajikistan, Russia, the Azerbaijan Republic, the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Armenia.
- Hungary (HU)
- Lithuania (LT)
- Latvia (LV)
- Organisation Africaine de la Propriété Intellectuelle (OAPI-OA): based in Yaoundé, Cameroon and includes 17 member states. The patents are available in French and English.
- Portugal (PT)
- Romania (RO)
- Slovenia (SI)
- Slovakia (SK)
- Soviet Union (SU): Author Certificates and Patents from 1924 to 1993
Examples from these new collections include:
Patent number: SK-288637-B6
Assignee: Aeromobil (Flying cars)
English Title: System and method of controlling the direction of the hybrid vehicle for air and land
Patent number: SI-22800-B
Assignee: Tajfun Planina Proizvodnja Strojev (Slovenian forestry equipment maker)
English Title: Hydraulic driving and guiding assembly of a line supporting element, in particular pulley of a forestry winch
Patent number: RO-132298-B1
Assignee: Institutul De Chimie Fizică "Ilie Murgulescu" (Romanian Academy – Institute of Physical Chemistry)
English Title: Process for preparing composite materials based on zinc oxide with bacteriostatic and bactericidal properties