More than 30 years of man hours of data development, curation, and quality assurance has gone into CLAIMS® Direct. Our clients confidently build new tools for applications and incorporate new knowledge to inform decision making because they trust our product.
CLAIMS Direct provides much more than common patent data. We combine information from more than 70 sources and provide you with resources you can't get anywhere else, including:
- Name standardization of original and current applicant/assignee names and probable assignee, as well as probable assignee
- Machine translations of non-English documents
- Expiration date calculations based on the original filing date and term extensions
- Patent status of granted patents shows whether the patent is still in force, or in the case of applications, if the application is pending, granted, or inactive
- Document PDFs, drawing sheets, and referenced images
- Claims summaries
Our data team works diligently to monitor and correct errors and discrepancies in the millions of new records integrated into our database every month. We also have relationships with many patent authorities and work with them to resolve issues that originate from their records.
One of our most popular data features is name standardization—we currently manage more than 1.5 million variations of company names. For example, we currently track more than 2,000 variations of the company name “IBM” and monitor incoming data for new ones.
Maintain Your Privacy
You can install CLAIMS Direct in your own data center to ensure complete privacy, while still receiving new data and updates. Learn more about deployment options.
We offer several different subscription models to suit your needs. None of these models impose volume limits, transactional charges, or metering assessments.